Ten minute bean chilli
Great food doesn't have to take a long time to prepare once you use cooked ingredients and a good meal doesn't have to cost a fortune. Our chilli uses tinned kidney beans which are cheap, filling and nutritious
1. Put everything in a non-stick frying pan or saucepan, stir well and heat through for ten minutes, stirring from time to time. (Make sure the beans are heated for ten minutes before you serve them.)
2.Serve with little cooked pasta grains, boiled rice or tortillas and sour cream. Add grated parmesan or cheddar.
– Fry some bacon or pancetta before you add the beans to make this into a bacon chilli.
– Feel free to use herbs instead of the bay leaf - rosemary or basil are great.
– A splash of tomato puree will make it richer.
– Add a spoon of mayonnaise or sour cream to leftovers when reheating and use it to top baked potatoes.