- 6 large carrots
- 1 3/4 cups sunflower seeds
- 2 1/4 cups of pitted dates
- 2 3/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups cashew nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 cup of water as required
To make the cake
- Roughly grate the carrots in a food processor, (or juice the carrots and use the pulp)
- Place the grated carrots or carrot pulp in a large bowl.
- Use a food processor or coffee grinder to turn the sunflower seeds into a fine powder.
- Do the same with the dates and mix well.
- Mix the carrots, sunflower and date powder, with the nutmeg, coconut and cinnamon.
- Make the cake 'dough' into whatever shape you choose. You can press it down into any shaped container and smooth off the top with the back of a spoon
To make the icing
- Place the cashews, lemon juice, agave and water into blender and blend until smooth
- Remember to add the water a little at a time so that it doesn't become too runny!
- Spread the icing on top of the cake
You can eat the cake right away or it will keep for up to four days in a fridge. Enjoy!